You can Download 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Dictionary Use helps you to revise the complete syllabus.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Dictionary Use
Rearrange the following words as they would appear in dictionary.
(a) Find the guide words which will help you to look up each of the following words. You can refer any dictionary.
Persona non grata
(b) Write the full form of the following abbreviations used in the dictionary.
1. PI – Plural
2. Pp – participle
3. ~ – Past is approximately equal to
4. Fml – formal
5. V- – verb
6. Adj – adjective
7. N[U] – noun uncountable
8. N[C] – noun countable
9. Prep – preposition
10. Sth – something
11. Sb – somebody
12. Adv – adverb
(c) Read the following sentences and use the dictionary entry on the word collapse in different contexts and complete the table below.
1. All the buildings in the town collapsed in the earthquake.
2. He had pneumonia and one of his lungs collapsed.
3. The terrorists caused a collapse of communications in the fishing village.
4. The children collapsed with laughter as they watched the clown’s antics.
5. The collapse of the rupee caused an economic crisis in the country.
|Sentence No.||Part of speech for collapse||The sentence talks about||Dictionary meaning and number for collapse|
|1.||verb||buildings||To fall down or fall in suddenly (1)|
|2.||verb||medical||To fall in and become flat and empty(7)|
|4.||verb||relax||To sit or lie down and relax(3)|
|5.||noun||price||To fall in value (4)|