You can Download 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Question Forms helps you to revise the complete syllabus.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Question Forms
I. Write ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ questions using the statements given below. One is done for you.
1. The whites have made us slaves.
Have the whites made us slaves?
Haven’t the whites made us slaves?
2. The restaurant keeper had asked him to take off his shirt.
Had the restaurant keeper asked him to take off his shirt?
Hadn’t the restaurant keeper asked him to take off his shirt? –
3. Laxmi is working in a multinational company.
Is Laxmi working in a multinational company?
Isn’t Laxmi working in a multinational company?
4. Rajesh was a carpenter.
Was Rajesh a carpenter?
Wasn’t Rajesh a carpenter?
5. Industries were the symbols of development
Were industries the symbols of development?
Weren’t industries the symbols of development?
6. He can speak English fluently.
Can he speak English fluently?
Can’t he speak English fluently?
7. My mother reads ‘Prajavani’ everyday.
Does my mother read Prajavani every day?
Doesn’t my mother read Prajavani every day?
8. My sisters too read ‘Prajavani’ every day.
Do my sisters too read Prajavani every day?
Don’t my sisters too read Prajavani every day?
9.The teacher gave us home work.
Did the teacher give us home work?
Didn’t the teacher give us home work?
10. Some delegates won’t attend the seminar.
Won’t some delegates attend the seminar?
Will some delegates attend the seminar?
II. Rearrange the jumbled segments into ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ questions.
1. Ramanagara / a /big/is /city.
Is Ramanagara a big city?
Does she visit your friends?
3. You/write/did/ a letter/the principal/to
Did you write a letter to the principal?
4. The slaves/seldom/birthday/had/known/their
Had the slaves seldom known their birthday?
5. Fruits /will/you/get/better/in/Verona.
Will you get better fruits in Verona?
6. Told/the narrator/his driver/had/to go on leave
Had the narrator told his driver to go on leave?
7. Their / make/Lucia’s brothers/ payment /do
Do Lucia’s brothers make their payment?
8. Glaring /was/Nicola/at/his younger brother
Was Nicola glaring at his younger brother?
III. Frame ‘Wh’ questions so as to get the underlined word/s as answer.
1. Man has failed to understand the nature and her ways.
What has man failed to understand?
2. The narrator will drive Nicola and Jacopo to the hospital.
Where will the narrator drive Nicola and Jocopo?
3. The commission was appointed to look into the matter.
Why was the commission appointed?
4. There were five members in the commission.
How many members were in the commission?
5. The elephant put his trunk inside the hut slowly.
How did the elephant put his trunk inside the hut?
6. The lion wanted to have peace and tranquility in his kingdom.
What did the lion want to have in his kingdom?
7. The people around him looked like hungry wolves.
How did the people around him looked?
8. The narrator was seventy kilometers away from home.
How far was the narrator away from home?
9. Mara met the king at his palace at midnight.
Where did Mara meet the king at midnight?
10. Udyan Express leaves Bangalore at 8 pm for Mumbai.
When does the Udyan Express leave Bangalore for Mumbai?
IV. Complete the ‘Wh’ questions with the help of the statements given below.
1. When did Vidya complete her home work?
Vidya completed her home work yesterday.
2. Where do the birds live?
The birds live in the nest.
3. Where has Harish worked with his father? ‘
Harish has worked with his father in the field:
4. Why will they come to school together?
They will come to school together to attend ‘Parent’s Day’
5. Who were honoured by the Teachers Association?
Five top scorers were honoured by the Teachers Association.
6. Who owned two farms and 30 slaves?
Anthony owned two farms and 30 slaves.
7. When did the wind rock Mara’s hut?
At midnight the wind rocked Mara’s hut.
8. What was the restaurant keeper asking him?
The restaurant keeper was asking him to take off his shirt.
V. Supply suitable tag to the following statements.
1. Mother was everything for us. wasn’t she?
2. We are her children, aren’t we?
3. She made her lap our bed, didn’t she?
4. Our kicks did’n’t hurt her, did they?
5. Our sickness stole her sleep, didn’t they?
6. Our hunger had led her to skip her meals, hadn’t they?
7. She will never curse her children, will she?
8. They don’t’have any love for their old mother, do they?
9. They can seldom feel for their mother, can’t they?
10. We should love and respect our mothers, shouldn’t we?
VI. Match the following sentences in column ‘A’ with their suitable question tag in column ‘B’.
|1.||The members had heard sufficient evidence.||a. Could we?|
|2.||The Goddess stood before me.||b. Aren’t they?|
|3.||I do not know what to do.||c. Isn’t it?|
|4.||I will be very angry if you miss another worship.||d. Does he?|
|5.||We create our own tradition.||e. Do I?|
|6.||I have given a suggestion.||f. Hadn’t they?|
|7.||The narrator doesn’t know anything.||g. Haven’t I?|
|8.||Verona is a lovely city.||h. Don’t we?|
|9.||Romeo and Juliet are reputed to have lived in Verona||i. Didn’t she?|
|10.||We couldn’t think of troubling you.||j. Won’t I?|
(1) f, (2) i, (3) e, (4) j, (5) h, (6) g, (7) d, (8)c, (9)b, (10)a