You can Download 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Word Order helps you to revise the complete syllabus.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Word Order
A . I. Arrange the words to make affirmative sentences.
1. Like / I / you
I like you
2. French /I / speak
I speak French
3. hates / pigeons / he
He hates pigeons
4. the girls / song / a / sing
The girls sing a song.
5. sell / flowers / we
We sell flowers
6. you / to see / me / he / wants
He wants me to see you
7. feed / you / my / cat / can
You can feed my cat.
8. sister / has /my / got / a dog
My sister has gat a dog.
9. must / the book / read / you
you must read the book.
10. buy / milk / he/ wants / to
He wants to buy milk.
II. Arrange the words to make negative sentences. Place time expressions at the end of the sentences.
1. Our holiday/ will / at home/ we/ not/ spend / next year
Next year we will spend our holiday at home.
2. did / I / him / see/ not/ last night/ at the disco
I did not see him at disco last night.
3. To a party / not/ we/ tonight/ going/are
We are not going to a party tonight.
4. Will/ the letter /not/next week/ send/you/she
She will not send you the letter next week.
5. Not/ the truth/did/he/ tell/you/yesterday
He did not tell you the truth yesterday.
6. To the cinema/ we/ want/ not/ do/ tonight/to go
We do not want to go to the cinema tonight.
7. Play /did/he/on Sunday/ not/the piano
He did not play the piano on Sunday.
8. Not/ now/ she/ in England/is
She is not now in England.
9. Eat/in winter/ice-cream/do/not/I
I do not eat ice-cream in winter.
10. Right now /have/not/we/time/do
We do not have time right now.
III. Rearrange the segments to form questions.
1. Accept the judgement /did the man/the jungle lords /of?
Did the man accept the judgement of the jungle lords?
2. Mara tie/ the creeper/ to a tree/ why did?
Why did Mara tie the creeper to a tree?
3. Was the thief/ his attitude/ really humane/in/?
Was the thief really humane in his attitude?
4. Does technology/in contrast/to religion/ stand?
Does technology stand in contrast to religion?
5. Treated as/a was Mara / mad man?
Was Mara treated as a mad man?
6. Retain/did Douglass /his/ self confidence?
Did Douglass retain his self confidence?
7. Why did/the farmer/suicide/commit?
Why did the farmer commit suicide?
8. The narrator/how does/ go/to Verona?
How does the narrator go to Verona?
9. What did /do / during the German invasion/the boys?
What did the boys do during the German invasion?
10. The crude realities of life/is love/of any value/ before?
Is love the crude realities of life before of any value?
11. Who / the window/broke?
Who broke the window?
12. How/your grandmother/is?
How is your grandmother?
13. Did/she/her homework/in my room /do?
Did she do her homework in my room?
14. Talaguppa station/ does/leave/the train/when?
When does the train leave Talaguppa station?
15. Conduct /classes/where/Babar Ali/does?
Where does Babar Ali conduct classes?
16. Has been cursed/which/a sage/creeper/by?
Which creeper has been crused by a sage?
B.I Rewrite the following sentences using the word/ words in brackets.
1. No one knows about this. It’s a secret, (really)
No one really knows about this. It is a secret.
2. She told him once, (only)
She told him only once.
3. I always eat a lot.( always)
I always eat a lot.
4. Are you going to try?(hard)
Are you going to try hard?
5. He called you this morning, (many times)
He called you many times this morning.
6. I have been to Mumbai. I met my friend.(there)
I have been to Mumbai. There I met my friend.
7. I’m not going to tell this story, (again)
I’m not going to tell this stoiy again.
8. Have you been to Chennai?(ever)
Have you ever been to Chennai?
9. I have never tried this method.(before)
I have never tried this method before.
10. We saw a film.(last Wednesday)
We saw a film last Wednesday.
11. The cat is playing ?(in the garden)
The cat is playing in the garden.
12. They can remember.(never)
They can never remember.
13. The old man waited for us.(eagerly)
The old man eagerly waited for us.
14. Shake before use.(well)
Shake well before use.
15. We do not understand (still)
We do not still understand.
II. Rearrange the jumbled segments to form meaningful sentences.
1. We/some interesting books/found/in the library
We found some interesting books in the library.
2. Shyam/play football/does/every weekend?
Does Shyam play football every weekend?
3. Are building/opposite the park/a new hotel/they
They are building a new hotel opposite the park.
4. His name/I/remembered /after a few minutes.
I remembered his name after a few minutes.
5. Please write your name /at/beginning/of/ page/ the /the
Please write your name at the beginning of the page.
6. Go to/I /every Friday/the mosque.
I go to the mosque every Friday.
7. So late/ did/ come home/why /you
Why did you come home so late?
8. London/I am going /to/next week/for/a few days.
I am going to London for a few days next week.
9. On/ at/ Saturday evening/you/ didn’t/ see /I / the temple.
I didn’t see the temple at evening on Saturday.
10. Around/the procession/the church/went
The procession went around the church.